Sunday, September 11, 2005

do i have to leave already?

It’s my last night in Africa. I easily recall my entry just before I headed to the airport in Philly. I really had no idea what to expect; and, now that I have experienced it, I have no idea how to really tell anyone about it. All of the descriptions of my trips and the things I saw don’t really do it any justice. I am going to miss this place and these people a lot.

Somewhere back a couple of weeks ago, I think I was ready to come home. As much as I want to see people and have a little American culture, that desire almost undetectable now.

Anyway, we are back from Pilanesberg. The trip was enjoyable but the group this time saw many fewer animals. The Revel In was awesome to get back to though. It was kinda nice to be greeted by people who remembered who I was. They’re having a big music festival the end of the month. They wondered if I was able to come. I think I may fly back for it. ;-)

Oh yea, we did some fire breaks the end of last week. I got to be the fire setter on the veld. Man, you should have seen it burn and felt the heat! I bet there were about 40 of us out there working on it for a few ours. Pretty cool.

I think this may be my last entry before I get on a plane tomorrow night (2 PM EDT) and I get back on Tuesday afternoon. Most of my day tomorrow will be spent packing and trying to figure out how to get my stuff from here home. Then somewhere around 20 hours of flying.

Later!

No comments: