Tuesday, September 06, 2005

a week left

Tuesday afternoon, about 5. The new group is really a lot of fun. They are pretty easy going and most of them are interested in traveling to the places I wanted to go. One of the guys is planning to head to Chobe and then the Onenvango (sp?) wetlands (both in Botswana).

I have decided to push my return back one day so that I have a full weekend here and can go away one more time. I have decided to head back to Pilanesberg. Not sure if we will stay at the Revel In (hostel) again or not. We may instead camp at the park. 3 of the new folks are going to come along. I will be arriving home (wherever the hell THAT is) on Tuesday afternoon. Home as in Philly…not Klipkop Game Reserve and not CA (yet).

The DeWildt center was pretty cool, but I think I like seeing my cheetahs outside rather than in cages. They had some brown hyenas too. I know I have seen them before in zoos, but somehow knowing those big freakin’ ugly things are living about a mile away on the preserve I paid more attention. I don’t think I wanna run into one of those anytime….ok, I would like to but it would scare the crap outa me.

I think it is Labor Day weekend at home? I am guessing there was a trip to maybe Seneca Rocks. I miss you guys, bad.

One of the dogs has decided that I am her best bud. She is asleep on my lap right now. “Piggly.” She is some sort of little Jack Russell type mutt. I am not sure what I did to deserve the attention, but it is kinda nice. She looks for me when she walks in the room and is by my side most of the rest of the day.

No comments: