Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Menlyn Mall

Yes, I am actually at a mall in South Africa. If you closed your eyes you would think you are in any-mall, USA. And I have EXCELLENT internet / computer ability but looks like i cannot d/load any pics. This is our weekly mall trip. Picking up snacks and stuff like that. I got a few socks as mine all now smell as bad as.... well, you can imagine.

We leave this Friday morning for Kruger park. I think it is about a 5-6 hour drive from Klipkop.

My trip to Zimbabwe is looking less and less likely. I am actually in the internet kiosk to try to use a computer to find a decent rate, but the best I can do is $445 and over $130 of that is in taxes. I am kinda bummed but I am going to pick up a guide book and maybe go to the Kalahari which is in Botswana and not too too far from "home."

The "group" thing is starting to get a bit old. The guys (5) all share one big room. Last night we built a fire in our room and the girls (5) were all pissed because they couldn't have one. I think they are taking it out on us today. Oh well...it had to start sooner or later and all things considered, it could be a lot worse.

I guess I am outa here for now. Probably won' get a chance o write til after we are back from Krugar. Have a great weekend!!

No comments: